Ok…My Spanking New Hosting Isn’t so Spanking

We just had an outage again this afternoon. Guess who cause it. It’s me. My account just been suspended because they said my wordpress database was overloading their server. But it’s my wordpress only, and a couple of others. I think it’s my Ajax Shoutbox plugin. So I ask them to restore my domain and I’ll get the plugin off.

However, I’m not sure whether this is the real cause. I might be suspended again. Oh.. I missed my Ajax shoutbox…

1. #1 by Neo on August 25, 2006 - 1:50 am

Why would the shoutbox overload the server?

2. #2 by Irwan on August 25, 2006 - 7:11 am

that’s totally out of my head. I’ve disabled the shoutbox and quotes.

but when he said, im the most active wordpress user, im kind of glad… haha… i don’t know what to do now, whether to opt for new hosting or not… it would be troublesome for me to do another migration in this busy time.. maybe later

3. #3 by Imran on August 25, 2006 - 10:04 am

Bukan ke shoutbox tu guna database asing drp wordpress?

ala, kalo rindu kat shoutbox, guna la third party punya… cbox ke.. bleh la aku spam..huhu

*ranking kau dah turun. tiba masanya utk posting pasal siti lagi..hihihi.

4. #4 by Alex on August 25, 2006 - 11:37 am

wat host u usin? i’m plannin to get my own domain too

5. #5 by CypherHackz on August 25, 2006 - 2:03 pm

i don’t think ajax shoutbox can overload the server. maybe something else.

6. #6 by Irwan on August 25, 2006 - 4:07 pm

maybe loads of users visitors crammed the server… haha good jobs guys… i ask them for refund, and i will use another hosting from blogasia i think.. now, im using pixcle.com, Alex

7. #7 by arifsanchez on August 27, 2006 - 4:59 pm

There is no such thing wordpress DB can overloaded the server.
    Im totally agree with cypherhackz.
    Your server system engineer just babling about it i guess.