Happy or Depress?

Good and Bad things always happen to everyone. Sometimes the good is more than the bad, and sometimes it’s vice versa. How each person reacts to both situations determine that person’s characteristic. And I have my own way too. I just wanna talk about small portion of it in this post.

Last week I got the grades for my first semester of my sophomore year. I got B for my calculus. At least in academic field (and maybe in financial too), I have this extraordinary intrapersonal intelligent than I can choose whether to feel depress or not about the grade. It’s not hard for me to take this as a small matter and continue my life as if I got A for it or as if I have already owned the world, if i want to. Or I can be depressed and shut the world around me. The choice is really mine.
If I can easily choose, why not be as happy as bird? Problem solved.

That’s the core problem in this post. I can take the easy way and be happy of what had happened. But then I realized, if it’s the road I take, being complacent of who I am and what I can do, it won’t bring me anywhere except where I’m standing right now. Failure is the best teacher, some people say. To me, emotional pain is the best teacher. That’s how brain work, to avoid pain and to gain pleasure. It’s my best motivator through my post-UPSR life until the SPM. But I’m not gonna talk about it in this post.

So should I feel depress and try to make another emotional pain that could motivate me through these years? I like an effective motivator like this but I just don’t like to be depress and ruin my 4-weeks holiday. What do you guys think? Let me know

1. #1 by Azrul on January 3, 2007 - 3:43 pm

To me, emotional pain is the best teacher. Thatโ€™s how brain work, to avoid pain and to gain pleasure –> for me it’s not… yes at first you feel that emotional pain in the motivating factor but once you accept the fact that you need to feel depressed to feel motivated, you feel guilty for not being depressed enough.. think about it… a healthy dose of pain is OK, too much you’d be a masochist to yourself.. i think i’ve been there thinking the same way as you do.. good luck anyway ๐Ÿ™‚

2. #2 by Irwan on January 3, 2007 - 6:34 pm

masochist.. erm scary word. btw, it’s quite hard for me to feel depress anyway coz almost all the thing around me induce happyness, my friend, my xbox, my business, family and holiday.

3. #3 by Azrul on January 3, 2007 - 6:43 pm

Good. I know some thoughts are not to be commented…they are like bursts of anger or hatred or whatever that will be so alien to us after awhile… or are the thoughts (or in your case, posts) themselves heal things? Whatever..

I like the mispelled ‘happyness’ though.. it’s like you are so happy you just don’t care..

4. #4 by Azrul on January 3, 2007 - 6:45 pm

oh btw.. heppy holliday ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. #5 by Irwan on January 3, 2007 - 6:45 pm

opss.. i clicked submit before i finished typing. thinking about what u said, to be motivated by feeling depress is like ‘bagai tikus membaiki labu’. Maybe we should amend something with something beneficial like, say, rewards or such.

6. #6 by Irwan on January 3, 2007 - 6:53 pm

lol… i deliberately misspelled it. i just watch this movie called ‘The pursuit of Happyness’ It’s a sad movie and I love its theme. It distinctively states, what is happiness without the pursuit.

7. #7 by Irwan on January 3, 2007 - 6:55 pm

oh… thanks for the wish. Happy Holiday and Selamat Hari Raya AidilAdha to you

8. #8 by Azrul on January 3, 2007 - 7:08 pm

Ohh.. did I misspelled ‘mispelled’? How ironic?

9. #9 by Hisako Spaeth on November 9, 2010 - 2:09 am

This page seems to get a good ammount of visitors. How do you advertise it? It offers a nice individual spin on things. I guess having something real or substantial to say is the most important factor.

10. #10 by Delcie Almajhoub on November 13, 2010 - 9:00 am

After all, despite all these conundrums, it’s still hard to form a firm decision.

11. #11 by MCSA Courses on January 25, 2011 - 8:37 am

Dude, please tell me that youre going to write much more. I notice you havent written an additional blog for a while (Im just catching up myself). Your blog is just too important to become missed. Youve acquired so a lot to say, such knowledge about this subject it would be a shame to see this weblog disappear. The internet needs you, man!

12. #12 by Alcanza el orgasmo on January 25, 2011 - 8:43 am

Took me time to read all the comments, but I definitely enjoyed the article. It proved to become Very useful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here It’s always good when you can not only be informed, but also entertained I’m certain you had fun writing this post.

13. #13 by seo expert los angeles on January 25, 2011 - 4:41 pm

Ive been meaning to read this and just never got a chance. Its an issue that Im quite interested in, I just started reading and Im glad I did. Youre a fantastic blogger, one of the very best that Ive seen. This weblog surely has some details on subject that I just wasnt aware of. Thanks for bringing this things to light.