Check Who are You

Risk Tolerance

Investing world is very personal. Some could take bigger risk, while some prefer secure investment like ASB. To know which side you are belong to, you can fill this short quiz and check the result yourself. Just make sure to be as honest as possible.

Risk Tolerance Quiz

Here What I got:

Your score for risk capacity is 34:
With a score between 30 and 38 you have the wherewithal to take selective investment risks that includes both stocks – which carry higher risk – and bonds, that have much less risk. You might consider a portfolio that is anchored by large company U.S. stocks — perhaps 40 percent — maybe in an index fund. Include small company U.S. stocks, too, at about 20 percent. International stocks should play a role — perhaps another 20 to 25 percent of your portfolio. The final 20 percent could split between short to medium term bonds and some type of hedge, such as a natural resources fund. This type of portfolio could lose about 20 percent in a year.

Your score for risk tolerance is 34:
With a tolerance of 33 to 41, you have a healthy tolerance for risk with the capacity to match. You have the wherewithal to take selective investment risks that could lose as much as 20 percent of its value in any given year

Now, go there and let me know how are you doing.

1. #1 by mohd Kamal Kannan on September 23, 2009 - 11:21 pm

I am going to retire in 20 september 2012. I am very worried i need to saved as much as possible. I have bought property which have appreciated. I still need to save more. Is it ok if i invest in unit trust. I have been investing in unit trust and have about 50k CIMB and Public mutual, property different. I am saving RM200 in Tabung Haji every month through pay deduction. Please advice me as i do not want to beg for money from my children or relatives for this matter from any body. I am attached to International firm. Tq kamalhonda

2. #2 by amri on February 24, 2010 - 1:55 pm

Results
    Your score for risk capacity is 20
    With a score of 21 or less, you have a low capacity for risk at this time. You should consider safe investments. Start with the bulk of your portfolio — perhaps 75 percent — in short to medium term bonds, split evenly between 1 to 3 years, 3 to 5 years and 5 to 10 years. The rest of your portfolio should go into stocks, perhaps 12 to 13 percent in large cap, 9 percent in small cap and 5 or 6 percent international. The estimated worst case scenario for such a portfolio would be a 4 percent loss in a year.

Your score for risk tolerance is 38
    With a tolerance of 33 to 41, you have a healthy tolerance for risk, but your capacity suggests you may need to consider a moderately risky investment strategy. You may want to consider a portfolio in which about half of the investments are in less risky investments like bonds, combined with investments in large-company U.S. stocks and international funds.

got this for the test…so what does it tell in anyway..what kind of safe investment that are we talking about here in malaysia? boleh bantu saudara irwan?

3. #3 by amri on February 24, 2010 - 2:06 pm

owh just to add up, im just 6 months entering the real world i would say… 2010 resolution is to create savings and invest on things that will provide better financial status…looking at asb as the best idea for now but still considering if en irwan have way better idea..for now my financial planning every month on my paycheque, i will reserve 30% of my income as a ‘dont touch money what ever happen’ saving.

4. #4 by Shon Rinaldo on November 9, 2010 - 2:22 am

long daybook you’ve teem with

5. #5 by Alyssa Heisner on November 13, 2010 - 8:20 am

also gives colleagues the to enable them to although it is a great.

6. #6 by Sunny Mabrey on November 16, 2010 - 3:53 pm

Thanks a lot content. often that you find advice explained so well friend, and wanted.

7. #7 by webpage on December 5, 2010 - 10:40 pm

My close friend and I had been arguing concerning an issue related to this! Now I know that I was correct. Thanks for the info you published.

8. #8 by Olympia Boislard on February 5, 2011 - 1:39 am

Hello,very good post. Infos are very usefull and saved me huge amount of time which has been spend on something else as an alternative to searching everywhere.

9. #9 by Anjasmara Publicmutual on August 5, 2011 - 5:21 am

Kindly contact me if interested to know more on Unit Trust investments, be it CASH or EPF.
    Unit Trust Consultant – Agency Supervisor Probation: Ms Anjasmara (Jas)
    Company: Public Mutual Berhad (wholly-owned subsidiary of Public Bank) – Malaysia
    Contact No: 012-776 0219
    Customer Service Hotline: 03-62075000
    Email: anjasmara.publicmutual@gmail.com
    Website: http://www.publicmutual.com.my

10. #10 by Anjasmara Publicmutual on August 5, 2011 - 5:22 am

Unit Trust Consultant – Agency Supervisor Probation: Ms Anjasmara (Jas)
    Contact No: 012-776 0219