First Day in Malaysia

I arrived at KLIA at 6.00am this morning. I was picked up by my brother and sis in orange Gen2 just like last year. I thought I could see another sunrise at KLIA’s barren highway, but the dream was happily ruined by heavy rain and dark cloud. We chat and laugh through the journey and ended up in a mamak restaurant to have my first meal in Malaysia, the long-sought Roti Planta!

I went to Jalan Pasar to find step down voltage converter for Roomba. I thought I could use it in my brother’s house but the converter stop working in just 2 minutes. Much to my disappointment.

Tomorrow is my COD time with my customers. I’m going to meet them at Midvalley. Hope everything will be okay.

1. #1 by CypherHackz on May 17, 2007 - 10:24 am

ha3. welcome back to malaysia dude… enjoy your stay here.

2. #2 by Irwan on May 18, 2007 - 7:06 am

thanks bro. i wished i could join you watching pirate of carribean this monday. but im going back to kelantan that day.

3. #3 by CypherHackz on May 18, 2007 - 11:52 am

owh…i see. never mind. btw how long you will be stay in malaysia?

4. #4 by Irwan on May 19, 2007 - 7:32 am

for the whole 3 months ^^

5. #5 by icemat on May 19, 2007 - 2:28 pm

Welcome Back man. Hope to see you soon brother. ^^

6. #6 by putuskira on August 14, 2007 - 11:22 pm

if u still looking for the converters (i rather called them transformers, nothing with the movie though), make sure you got one with the right Watt and right Ampere…

i’m guessing you’re from Kelantan… i bought 2 converters from a shop in jln temenggong… used them for cordless phone and battery chargers from US… so far they’re working perfect…

you know Zone Ria, a supermarket at the end of jln temenggong? there should be a chinese electric shop nearby, where there’s a key-maker machine outside…they should know when you ask for transformers for 240V to 110V…

7. #7 by Irwan on August 14, 2007 - 11:41 pm

i’ve spend around RM60 to buy cheapo transformer. that doestn’t even hold up for roomba charger. so i went back to the shop, spending around RM70 for universal laptop power brick. that’s work better than transformers.

For 360, my brother bought teletron 500w transfomers, which cost around RM130. that transformer is really good. i recommend it if you have high-power electronic stuff from abroad.

my handphone chargers just need RM5 convertor.. they already accept universal voltage. nice

btw, this post is just sad for me to read, it’s such a joy being in malaysia for the first day. now I’m packing my stuff to fly back. 🙁

8. #8 by kkchow23 on August 16, 2007 - 12:09 am

Don’t worry, I’m sure there’ll be long breaks where you’ll be able to come back again. Besides, you’ll have lots of time once you’ve finish your study abroad. Then you can decide whether to stay or come back to Malaysia :p