Standing Instruction

si.jpg

Whoa.. what a boring topic. However this might be the answer for ‘undisciplined’ people to invest. In my posts about ASB, there are a lot of people saying that they make a loan to discipline themselves to invest. Well you don’t have to take a loan for such thing. Make a Standing Instruction(SI) instead. SI is just like an automatic bill payment but instead of paying bill, it puts your money into your investment every month, automatically.

SI works best with unit trust. It allows you to take advantage of dollar-cost-averaging concept by investing both in bear and bull market. If you are not into investment, have it deposit into you saving account, or bonds.

The best part of SI is that you won’t realize that you are saving money. For new investors, I know it’s not a great feeling to put aside some of your income every month if you do it manually. You feel that your monthly paycheck is not even enough for you and your family, let alone for investing.

Sooner or later, you will get used to your currently reduced paycheck and you are saving money at the same time! And you will thanks yourself when you realize that you have tens of thousand Ringgit in your account when you need it the most.

What are you waiting for? Contact your banker/unit trust agent/broker to start an SI for you and start saving now!

1. #1 by felix on June 28, 2007 - 1:33 pm

Yeah, I agree with you that SI is a very important investing tool we can use. But before you start, do check with your banker how much the SI fee would be. One bank I know charge RM5 per SI.

2. #2 by Irwan on June 28, 2007 - 1:45 pm

is it charged RM5 monthly? if it’s one time fee, i don’t mind. but if it’s monthly charge, it’s surely expensive

3. #3 by shahgti on July 2, 2007 - 9:06 am

hi irwan, i plan to do SI to put monthly rm300 into my unit trust fund (plan to take alfaid fund with MAAKL). do you have excell calculator to check how much the compounded amount will be in 10 years if the dividen consistently at 15% every year. thank in advance.

4. #4 by shahgti on July 2, 2007 - 9:25 am

ok. i’ve googled & get the excel monthly investment calculator at this link. http://www.dotxls.com/free-templates/15/free-excel-templates—personal-finance-templates

5. #5 by Irwan on July 2, 2007 - 12:27 pm

thanks for the useful link. i couldnt find the calculator that you said above. do u mind helping me out?

6. #6 by Renetta Longmire on November 9, 2010 - 2:37 am

I’d come to play ball with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I love reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

7. #7 by Santana Lotan on November 13, 2010 - 10:39 am

Do you think this would only work with ?

8. #8 by Laura Harring on November 16, 2010 - 10:57 am

created content. find advice and written I have a presentation, and trying to find such.

9. #9 by sedona real estate on November 21, 2010 - 10:50 am

When I view your RSS feed it seems to be a page of strange characters, is the issue on my reader?

10. #10 by Alcanza el orgasmo on January 25, 2011 - 9:03 am

Wonderful job right here. I truly enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you absolutely bring a new voice to this topic. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Nicely, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see additional of this from you.

11. #11 by Husera on January 26, 2011 - 6:33 am

I’d wish to thank you for that efforts you’ve got created in writing this post. I am hoping the exact same most effective operate from you in the potential as well. Actually your inventive writing abilities has inspired me to begin my own BlogEngine weblog now.

12. #12 by Damon Vickers on January 26, 2011 - 11:59 am

Great post. What are your criteria? Lately I’ve been following Damon Vickers, a finacial luminary from Seattle. If you havn’t read his book about one global currency, you should get pick one up soon. I think that the population don’t really understand the magnitude of the situation we face today. To have a great manager like Damon Vickers, who called the market plummet in both 2000 and 2008, publicly express the fears of many of the approach of a one world government is unprecedented. Anyways, cool list and keep up the good work