Iphone : A reply from Maxis customer service

It’s a sad thing that Iphone can’t receive call-in if it’s on Maxis. If this last problem is solved, it will greatly increase the number of Iphone users in Malaysia. And I would be glad to supply them with more Iphones :p.

I sent an email to Maxis customer service to report about this problem. I know they already knew about this problem. I just want to make it look like more of their customers concern about this problem.

Here is the reply that I received:

Dear Encik Mohd Irwan,

Thank you for contacting Maxis.

We regret to infirm that the Apple iPhone is not supported by Maxis SIM card. As such, there will be difficulties in receiving incoming calls or some features may not be functional. We are in the midst of testing the Apple iPhone and will keep our customers updated as soon as the issue is rectified.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Swarnalatha Thuraisingam

Customer Service Operations

It’s nice to know that they are testing Iphone right now.

1. #1 by squaretan on September 27, 2007 - 3:03 pm

Maxis Noob! Go for Digi!! ^^

2. #2 by lukxiufung on September 30, 2007 - 12:45 am

yayya..I think so 😛

3. #3 by kkchow23 on September 30, 2007 - 9:57 am

In terms of choosing which communication network is still up to individual. It’s actually beneficial for comsumer now as all of them are trying compete with attractive packages. For me, I’m using Digi.

It’s just a matter of time before Maxis comes up with a solution, cause they’ll have to adept with the latest phone technology or they’ll lose out.

4. #4 by Danny Foo on October 5, 2007 - 12:40 am

From my experience through the current Apple iPhone review I’m doing, one method is to get a DiGi Starter Pack (only RM8.50) and forward Maxis calls to your DiGi.

The biggest flaw in this for me was Maxis disabled call forwarding for Hotlink users. Now, I would say that is just stupid. LOL! 😛

– Send from an Apple iPhone I’m reviewing!

5. #5 by Business Marketing on October 15, 2007 - 9:36 am

Hopefully they’ll find a solution soon, it is good to see they are testing.

6. #6 by sidhu on October 17, 2007 - 7:41 pm

Maxis better the soulution fast otherwise many will
    switch to other service providers.

7. #7 by fedup on October 23, 2007 - 8:48 pm

Maxis should have realised that a revolutionary phone will in the market and should have been ready to provide service
    to iphone users.This only show how much maxis cares for
    its customers. Go for Digi or celcom man.Boycott MAXIS

8. #8 by floerger on October 25, 2007 - 3:50 pm

Why don’t we have our own Malaysians solving the problem in the MSC?

9. #9 by xrbhtyl on December 15, 2007 - 11:40 pm

cool site for my mind its very goodPlease, send your abuse here!!! send.your.abuse.here@gmail.com

10. #10 by Mo on February 28, 2008 - 1:03 am

It’s almost been half a year since this post and I truly hope that Maxis has come up with a solution to this particular problem. I really want an iPhone and I honestly think that I’m willing to switch providers if that’s the only solution.

11. #11 by Irwan on February 28, 2008 - 1:21 am

hi, maxis can now be used on iphone. just let you know

12. #12 by Josh on July 5, 2008 - 5:03 pm

Welcome friends! ,

13. #13 by kimi on June 18, 2009 - 4:14 pm

maxis suck…

last month suck my money rm5++

and this month for 4 day total rm260… very suck

very suck… macam haram … celaka punya maxis…

i pay already rm400++ for last month bill (may)

now after 4 day he said i need pay rm260++ to unblock my line back

so cibai…

celaka punya haram maxis

14. #14 by Jen on March 29, 2010 - 2:03 pm

i saw many cases @ http://www.buyersuara.com.my

share it there…

15. #15 by Giovanna Allred on November 9, 2010 - 2:55 am

lengthy diary you’ve get hold of

16. #16 by Thomas Turnbill on November 13, 2010 - 7:15 am

I found a installment that was very good.

17. #17 by Thora Birch on November 16, 2010 - 8:58 pm

yet another content. Where else could advice noticed customer, and precisely what I needed.

18. #18 by acne on November 17, 2010 - 8:17 pm

When I look at your RSS feed it just gives me a bunch of weird text, is the problem on my side?

19. #19 by rent to own on November 21, 2010 - 5:46 am

Thanks a ton for blogging this, it was quite helpful and helped tons

20. #20 by Lengerdari on February 11, 2011 - 9:56 pm

iphone 3g unlocker auto iphone 3g unlocker automatic iphone 3g unlocker review jailbreak iphone 3g iphone 3g jailbreak best iphone 3g unlocker ?