Maybank Increases Daily Transfer

img80It’s a good news for those who use Maybank2u.com for online purchase. I just noticed that our daily transfer has just been increase to RM5000 per day from RM3000 per day. I think it’s a very good move as now more people are using internet for buying and selling.

Also, I just did my first online wire transfer using M2U. It’s a convenience way to send money to people abroad. In this case, I sent the money from me to myself. :p

What’s more, it just take around 12 hours to get the money. Total effective rate is around RM3.45 when mid-market rate is around RM3.40. 5 cent (RM cent) per dollar is not bad with that kind of service.

Don’t forget to tell me your experience with it.

p/s:The comment form is lonely, use it. :p

1. #1 by kkchow23 on October 4, 2007 - 9:38 am

What I like is the implementation of “eFixed Deposit”. This enable me to create a FD account and uplifting it without having to go to the bank. I’m able to maximize my interest rates while maintaining cashflows in my account.

2. #2 by Irwan on October 4, 2007 - 9:42 am

yes, the online transaction do increase the liquidity of fixed deposit to the level of cash itself. we can earn more interest but still with the convenience of cash.

3. #3 by squaretan on October 4, 2007 - 11:08 am

Fixed deposit is a waste of time! ^^

4. #4 by kkchow23 on October 4, 2007 - 11:12 am

In a sense, that it only provides low interest rates. However, we have to stash some cash in hand just in case any emergency. Rather than just putting your money in saving accounts which give even less interest rates, this is the alternative.

5. #5 by squaretan on October 8, 2007 - 11:18 am

savings account even worst rates!

6. #6 by akim on October 9, 2007 - 7:46 am

hi there, i cant find the option to do WIRE TRANSFER on maybank2u … is it TT Transfer ? can u teach me, bcoz i need it urgent..may u email me to tell..ok thanks..