Women aren’t attracted to men

img2I found this very interesting article about how women see relationship. It’s kinda out of normal point of view and I think it is, in someway, true. I enjoy reading this and I hope you do as well.

From Best of Craigslist: Women aren’t attracted to men.

Women are not actually attracted to men. There is a vague idea of what a man is physically, and some are better than others aesthetically speaking, but the purely physical appearance of a man is almost inconsequential unless he is horribly ugly or outrageously attractive.

Women are attracted to status, money, how much a man smiles and laughs, how many friends and resources a man has, how full a man’s life is–how many "cool," "exciting" and prestigious things he is doing or connected to.

They are interested in how other people view him–how many people want to be around him, how other people interact with him and whether their interactions convey that he is special and amazing. They want him to be extremely outgoing and aggressive, they want him to demonstrate his status over other people by dominating them in various non-violent ways.

A woman’s attraction to a man is a function of her jealousy at the thought of another woman having that man. She doesn’t care who he actually is or EXACTLY what he looks like physically, she only cares about the VALUE of the life he has constructed around himself.

A woman basically is a greedy materialistic prostitute. Although that sounds vulgar, it’s true. She trades her physical self to buy into the success a man has created for himself.

As a man, I fall in love with how a woman is physically. I fall in love with simple parts of a woman. Like the way her hair falls around her face, the line of her neck, her shoulders. They way her ears might peek from her hair. Her eyelashes. The size and shape of her hands, her fingernails. The way she walks, the way she looks when she is tired or annoyed, the sound she makes when she sneezes, coughs, or cries. The way she sits in a chair. The way she breathes while experiencing different emotions. The way her lips move. A million little things.

Sure, a huge part of my attraction is mental, but the powerful seed of love that builds within me and crystallizes is based greatly on visual things that set off torrents of emotion and need.

It seems to me that women almost cannot think for themselves. Their estimates of worth are based on other peoples’ estimates of worth. They don’t really find an object beautiful on their own. The object becomes beautiful when other people let her know that it is beautiful.

I’m completely unable to reconcile the differences between men and women. It seems like success with women is equal to spending half of your life working to create a giant illusion, something vastly tiring and annoying, while sacrificing your own true self and your own interests. We construct our lives around nest-building. We’re like male birds building nests and showing them off to attract mates. It’s pathetic. Everything we do is to get women. It is a fucking shit deal.

Someone needs to invent a drug which has no hormonal imbalance side-effects but is able to erase a man’s sex drive and attraction to women. It would increase productivity rates to incredible heights. I’d be free and happy. I’d feel complete. I’d be able to concentrate on my biochemistry studying.

So, what do you think?

1. #1 by Jbon007 on November 26, 2007 - 2:56 am

I think that i like being the first to comment! also i think that we as men should make women like mens like us not based on physical appearance! But as i think of it…would it be a fair for just men to judge women by their looks?? I’m trying to be the wise guy here and tell the whole world to start looking at womens’ inside goody rather than their appearance! But then again, in reality…nobody cares~ NO?? Of course they care…Somebody out there are gonna say “Hey! I loves my beautiful GF because she’s good hearted”. The odds are, he probably has a gorgeous one and he couldn’t say such things without firstly prior to his first impression which was ‘beautiful GF’. Can’t men ever choose their lady based firstly on their personality? For example, if a man goes on a blind date and waited for his date while predicting what his date looks like, can he forget doing that but instead predicting what kind of personal questions might comes up? …So, what do you think??

p/s: Watch Shallow Hal! That movie pretty much relates with what i said!

2. #2 by kaklong on November 26, 2007 - 6:57 am

well, i think i am a lot different from the women stated in the article. if i find something beautiful, it is because i found it to be beautiful, not because following everybody else. Well, lots of the points demonstrated above quite the opposite of how I view but oh well =)

3. #3 by Ashrufzz on November 26, 2007 - 12:41 pm

Wow..I just loved that article. Although it provokes something that might not be necessarily true, but on second thought, there is a possibility of it. It’s like a subconscious thing, you’ll never know some parts about yourself until someone else has told you so.

4. #4 by ~tim~ on November 26, 2007 - 3:02 pm

in general..it is quite true considering that a lot of pretty women end up with powerful, rich, unattractive men. it is hard not to judge people physically but i personally think that appearance plays important role just before we know a person but once we know that person, look is not that important anymore.
    a good looking guy without status, money, connection and chivalry is no more like a doll on display, ‘nice to look at but no function at all’.

5. #5 by timB on November 27, 2007 - 1:46 am

I would say all the statements are partially true. Almost every girl will consider those criterion. But it’s not finalize to all girls do the same thing. Nowadays, more girls work harder more than guys and also earn more money than guys aite. So tell me, y should a guy need to be stable? so, to commit with current economy growth, stability is something that should be earn together .(most families have working parents)

in my personal view, I don’t mind if he has nothing. no power, no status, no look, as long he’s kind-hearted, that’s more than enough. Jealousy is so subjective. I don’t need other girls to be jealous of my man (cewahhh), but I would prefer they satisfy with their own choice instead of looking for a guy who is better than their friends’.

p/s : status, power, money etc can be earn, but personality is gifted.

6. #6 by Irwan on November 27, 2007 - 2:02 pm

let’s don’t stray for the point of the article. It’s not about materialistic vs spiritual value but rather the function of jealousy, either in a bad way or good, as the main contributing factor in women decision-making

7. #7 by ~tim~ on November 28, 2007 - 2:06 am

the second time i read the article, i got a different view (but not totally different).
    i considered a situation when a woman goes shopping and buy a dress. what did the main reason that encourage the woman buy the dress?
    1)other people think that she looks good in it.
    2)she thinks that the dress look nice.
    i would say that most of the time the first reason play an important role. that woman wants other people to think that she looks nice and pretty in that dress which unconsciously lead to the jealousy of other women or people towards her.maybe some people say that they only buy thing that they personally like and don’t even care what other people think but most of the time the first reason is still valid anyway (you love the dress and want other people to think that you look good in it also)
    i’m not sure whether women see relationship the same way since relationship is pretty complicated.maybe in short term is does but in a long term, women need to consider other thing also such as stability and future of the relationship.

8. #8 by keen on November 28, 2007 - 2:32 am

interesting article..
    ‘jealousy’,
    it’s so subjective..TRUE: a woman will be jealous if she sees her man of her dream is with another girl; however, i don’t think that all women will choose her soulmate based on that(maybe a minority will). They want someone that’s special for them. my view is, one has her own definition of ‘special’..if anyone asks what kind of guys will women be attracted to, there could be countless of different criterion..and with that, i believe that they’ll consider the guy that they want as ‘special’ not to another woman, but to their own selves..
    for instance, girl A would say that she wants someone who has stability in life, and girl B would say that she doesn’t want stability in him. These are two different things that attract them, so, we can’t say that their decision making is based on a jealousy of one towards the other. It’s kind of ‘selfishness’ that makes one attracted to the other..with that, we can’t say that women’s “estimates of worth are based on other peoples’ estimates of worth”.
    for instance, i don’t care IF anyone says that my boyfriend is not suitable for me, when i know that i have him bcoz he’s attractive to me, and i believe that he’s the one for me for countless of reasons.

one more thing: i don’t believe that the first attraction will be the status, how cool he is, etc. most women will also attracted to guys’ appearance first. it’s just like tim said that appearance plays important role, so then one will get to know the personality. When he has bad personality, the attraction fades away………….

(berakhir sudah cerita karut ku)

9. #9 by Fiza on November 29, 2007 - 3:17 pm

what tittle is this? women aren’t attracted to men….? i m attracted to most men… they r all uniques, all have their own strenghts and weaknesses… (hahaha :P) basically most people will be attaracted to someone that can complete her/him… Right?

10. #10 by kaklong on November 30, 2007 - 12:59 am

“hence, for all guys out there, don’t always believe that ‘personality outshines appearance’. it’s somewhat the other way around. have both, if you want to attract a woman.”

I like this sentence. hahahaha XD

11. #11 by Irwan on November 30, 2007 - 1:02 am

lol.. have both? that my friend, is a luxury that not all of us have.

12. #12 by keen on November 30, 2007 - 3:45 am

‘usaha tangga kejayaan’ la irwan..
    peacE!
    (^o^)/

13. #13 by Zeke on December 1, 2007 - 2:40 am

Excuse me for changing the subject but I think it’s about procreation. Men look for a woman who is healthy and young and therefore likely to produce healthy offspring. The pretty face, sleek hair, white teeth, upright breasts, and shapely body are indicators — although not proof — of health. Women look for a man who can support her while she is taking care of children. In cave man times this would have been a big strong hunter-warrior. Nowadays the man with money is desirable since he can use it to acquire whatever she and the children need. The extreme example of this is the old ugly millionaire man and the young beautiful model.

14. #14 by Irwan on December 2, 2007 - 3:46 pm

sounds like darwin’s theory lak zeke. haha

15. #15 by Zeke on December 5, 2007 - 6:24 am

When I came back here, the first thing I saw was an ad for “SeekingMillionaire.com Always FREE For Beautiful Girls”. Is this a coincidence?

16. #16 by Piji on January 8, 2008 - 10:47 pm

Hello. Regarding this post, oh yeah was it Darwin who proposed that men are attracted to women’s physical attributes and on the other hand, women are going for men’s potentials as in “Mr. Fittest”?I think so as I’ve read this somewhere else. Evolution has a rather strong argument about this selection, as humans, as it says, are higher animals or higher primates after all. Female animals will choose stronger males to breed, its translated into monies in human race 😀

17. #17 by Jane on April 29, 2009 - 9:41 pm

I think I detect a rather strong undercurrent of your distain for all women-kind. LOL. I also think you’ve had some very bad experiences with women maybe you should pick better ones next time. I strongly disagree with your generalization of women and I would be offended but it sounds like you’re just fed up cause you’ve been burned so many times. Just like men, there are good women and there are bad women. you’d do better to pick the good ones, and I think you’d also have a better opinion of us if you did. Trust me we’re not all that bad! There are great things about both sexes; tons of differences between us, but we also have loads in common and we could have a lot of fun together if we learned to work through our differences instead of squabbling over them. BOTH women and men need each other, we’re stronger together than apart and should just grow up and learn to respect each other and utilize our differences.

• #18 by mike on July 29, 2009 - 1:05 am

Ya I agree. this guy got dumped and he thinks the reason is because he’s not a man of wealth. I’d say he got dumped for other reasons he does not want to face up too. IMO. Mike

18. #19 by Antonio on August 10, 2009 - 5:44 am

This is tru, woman are destroying men these days. Society and woman are changing, they are callise and goldigers and then blame it on men. I have to find a way to combat this. Do you think I should become Gay and just forget about women all together. I am so sick of woman today. I use to think so highly of woman, but these days they are just no good.

19. #20 by Dino Tepfer on November 9, 2010 - 3:01 am

I’d have to check with you on this. Which is not something I usually do! I love reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

20. #21 by Drema Oeltjen on November 13, 2010 - 9:36 am

It’s the fine line between having and having this issue.

21. #22 by Glennda Mirabete on June 21, 2011 - 12:25 am

Lol, yes you are right. Women are real complicated, so simple things they make it like a circus. Well, I’m a woman and yet, I could be complicated.