Al-Fatihah

img16

"Tokmek tadok doh… baru meninggal sat ni". I received the sms that morning and honestly I didn’t know how to react. It is my first death as an adult. There was no sadness rushing to my heart as we see in the movie, but it was just a blankness of feeling. I just felt that I need to look at her pictures again.

Opening up my brother’s album, I saw her standing beside my brother’s wedding bed, in the most elegance way of people at her age, filled with modesty in her smile and a lifetime of memories in her eyes.

The thought that I would never see her again brought up tears in my eyes.

Before I go anywhere far from her, she always said that she don’t know whether she could see me again or not . And I always said, of course you could. It has always been true for years.

But not this time.

I will always remember you in my doa. May Allah bless you forever.

Al-Fatihah…

1. #1 by TiM on December 17, 2007 - 12:19 am

takziah irwan..

2. #2 by squaretan on December 17, 2007 - 9:32 am

Sorry to hear that brother.

3. #3 by naan on December 17, 2007 - 9:27 pm

Sorry and salam takziah from Aunty Naan. Sama2 kita doakan semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat dan ditempatkan bersama org2 yang soleh.

4. #4 by melayubuntu on December 19, 2007 - 6:54 am

tiba-tiba teringat arwah nenek yg dah xde 🙁

5. #5 by kaklong on December 24, 2007 - 6:15 pm

takziah irwan.. nenek nisa pun baru je pegi.. maybe diorg berkawan and nak pergi sama2.. kita bersama doakan moga mereka digolongkan dalam orang2 yg beriman yg ditempatkan di tempat yg mulia di sisi Allah. amin…

6. #6 by rudanici on December 27, 2007 - 2:33 pm

takziah irwan…I’m sure the next family gathering, you’ll be sharing wonderful sweet stories about her

7. #7 by Hazim on January 28, 2008 - 12:56 pm

Takziah irwan. sama lah kita. my grandfather just passed away last december. Alfatihah kepada arwah2 atuk2 dan nenek2

8. #8 by Anne on January 30, 2008 - 9:45 am

My first death as an adult was my grandfather. I could not attend his funeral as I was far away from my town for college. He was a very great person to me…I always remember how he carried me to arround his house and singing his favorite song everytime I visited him…Left by our beloved is always a sadness, but I believe that they go to a better place.