The Micro of Macroeconomic

Macroeconomic was brought forwarded from the failure of microeconomics to explain about three main things: Unemployment, Inflation and Aggregate Growth.

While this discipline has been studied for almost a decade and many of economic decisions were made with its knowledge, Macroeconomic is reaching the stage of its irrelevance, just like microeconomics 70 years ago. I’m not saying that macro is not relevant, it’s indeed relevant. However with today much-evolved market, it is like we are perceiving the market with ’perfect economy’ notion of microeconomics, but this time with ’perfectly imperfect economy’ that can be rectified with fiscal and monetary policy.

I’m not in the place to present a new idea here but just want to share my concern about current economic view point. Now waiting for the next Keynes that will revolutionize the economy.

1. #1 by TiM on April 16, 2008 - 11:38 pm

eh, nobody comment on this post. apelagi irwan,

kau kene tag. wahahahhahaa

2. #2 by Wendy on April 17, 2008 - 9:08 am

Hi Irwan, are you studying in Stevens Institute of Technology? How’s life?

• #3 by Irwan on April 17, 2008 - 3:02 pm

yes I am. Life’s good here. are you a prospect student? let me know so I can address your question better

• #4 by Wendy on April 17, 2008 - 3:30 pm

I’m not a prospective student. Haha..
        I’m an 1st year undergraduate in local varsity now.
        If you want to know more about economics, I would recommend you read Paul Samuelson’s economics textbook 1948 edition.

3. #5 by wohoo on May 7, 2008 - 4:47 pm

Hallu..

Thanks irwan for your knowledge in some area that i quite interested.

Bout this topic, can we share bout k-economy?

4. #6 by jinglee on September 19, 2009 - 2:45 pm

Wow, i have the view too…Someone must come out with a new idea as the economy as evolved so much from the textbook. My degree is engineering and I’m studying MBA (means only shallow knowledge on economic),please correct me if I’m wrong.

5. #7 by Kattie Torbus on November 9, 2010 - 2:39 am

pronounced register you possess

6. #8 by Rachel Weisz on November 17, 2010 - 12:14 am

hahah, since I was here one or two things I wanted. Well perfectly. I need something like this for a project, fortunately for me mine has the same topic as this post. I am relieved that I found it, have a good one.

7. #9 by Joe t on November 27, 2010 - 3:08 pm

how do I subscribe to your rss feed?