E. Budaya sold and used my phone number

Several months ago I signed up for a so called “obligatory” membership club for Express Budaya which requires me to surrender my details including NRIC and phone number. I’ve asked them if this is a necessity and they nodded while giving me a pen to fill it up. I reluctantly gave them my details and cashed out for a ticket to KL.

Several weeks later, I received the first sms from them containing advertising for themselves. I thought that might be just one-off kind of SMS. I received another advertising later, but this time it’s from ‘nelayan’. I don’t know what’s the heck is that but the sender number is the same. I know the fact in an instant as Iphone group sms conversation under the same sender.

That was when it came to me that E. Budaya, the only party whom I gave my detail to, sold my number to others. And the way they forcefully got my detail, is beyond me.

My advice, don’t ever give your detail to E. Budaya or others, even they said it’s required to make your purchase. That’s just bullshit.

1. #1 by titan on September 7, 2008 - 10:12 am

erk. sampai camtu sekali. EHm, kene hati-hati ni.

2. #2 by kaklong on September 26, 2008 - 5:31 pm

Uuuu..that’s bad. They should have higher ethics.

3. #3 by nor on January 8, 2009 - 3:51 pm

yup i also agree wif u irwan bcz i also had apply 4 the e-budaya privilage card. and i also receive messages from e-budaya themselves and nelayan promoting about their food, restaurant and something like that..

4. #4 by aku on May 28, 2009 - 3:10 pm

wei bodo..itu promosi la bengong

5. #5 by m16 on September 1, 2009 - 2:49 pm

To let you all know, Budaya and Nelayan Restaurant is in one holding.

Wassalam.

6. #6 by m16 on September 1, 2009 - 2:53 pm

I believe as one of value added services for their customer. But it is not appropriate for them to offer something luxurios services to peole like us. In Malaysia, people who ride bus majority at medium to low income structure, that do not have other choices to travel.

7. #7 by adam on September 28, 2009 - 5:31 pm

hey! fyi, Budaya Express and Nelayan is under one company. So, its not fair to say that it is bullshit unless u know that first. After all, why on earth Budaya wanted to sell ur phone num? Are u that important after all ? Haha! Just my opinion, siasat dulu bru post comment. Haha. Stupido.

• #8 by irwan on September 28, 2009 - 7:24 pm

the problem is, my phone number is my privacy, if i give it to one company, it’s unethical to give(or sell) it to other company. In this case, even it’s the same company, their product is different.

I don’t subscribe to this nelayan’s product, so why on earth should I receive their advertisement, why should I suffer deleting them from my inbox? and have their brand imprinted on my memory?

It’s not important to you or anybody else, but it’s important to me to keep it spam free. still not fair?

I may not be someone important, but I still do care about my private information. I don’t blame you if you don’t care about yours due to your ignorance but some of us are clever enough to be angry because of this privacy breach.

8. #9 by someone on December 27, 2009 - 7:25 pm

duhh…make such a big deal out of this.ade benda lain yg much more important yg patut dipertikaikan la.biasa la,perkara ni,its part of the promotion.u beli kad membership,dpt diskaun ape.i pun dpt,kalau x suka then jgn guna la.

9. #10 by irwan on December 28, 2009 - 4:02 pm

Privacy awareness among our people is crucially at a very low level. If you don’t care about your privacy who else?