Surface Acting: Make your bad mood worse

1. Surface acting is often use to hide your bad mood through smile, enthusiasm and positive talks. It is not necessarily fake but it’s build upon with fatiguing effort(emotionally).
  2. Surface acting or any other feeling-undermining activity is emotionally fatiguing and may make your bad mood worse.
  3. May be seemed as hypocrite action by others.
  4. Extended practice may cause subconscious surface acting and may reduce ability to portray true feeling

Further reading: NYTimes

1. #1 by Juana on April 9, 2011 - 7:11 am

Lovely way to express….surface acting means pretense – however with a good motive. I also believe in maintain ‘surface level relationships” with some of the my colleagues…a sort of hi and bye relation…Life indeed teaches us surface acting.

2. #2 by Glennda Mirabete on April 12, 2011 - 2:34 am

skincare

3. #3 by david tomson on April 19, 2011 - 1:09 am

Yeah Glennda, i agree to your comment because no one can pretend if your feeling and your eyes will telling the truth and staying in bad mood just makes people feel even worse, so it is necessary to know how to get out of bad mood and its better to tell the truth than to hide it.

4. #4 by Jamie on April 28, 2011 - 9:39 pm

You must be one of the few Glennda and believe me that is a true thing to have, I am tired of all these unbelievably fake people doing only what they think other want them too, Uhhh.

Jamie
    sandrabullockmoviesexposed.com

5. #5 by javier on May 2, 2011 - 12:01 pm

for me …I am learning to forgive ‘myself’ for my bad moods. Forgiveness for others is wonderful and requires commitment and willingness but forgiveness of ourselves is often a little more difficult. ..thanks for sharing,,….

🙁

6. #6 by Margaretsnodin on May 8, 2011 - 2:07 pm

Sorry, but I find it very difficult to hide a bad mood – I tend to were my heart of my sleeve. Strangers may not see through the smile and happy chat but anyone who knows me always will!

7. #7 by Max on May 12, 2011 - 7:20 pm

Also known as the “social mask.” We all do it. I don’t think it’s emotionally tiring, we’ve all been building up our surface acting skills since childhood!

8. #8 by Glenebay on June 15, 2011 - 2:09 am

Really?? Life indeed teaches us surface acting.

9. #9 by Ash on June 21, 2011 - 5:21 am

Thanks for sharing.What’s the use of schooling your facial expression? Hiding your true feeling from others? I couldn’t do it, it’s very hard to pretend because my eyes says it all.